Please note that this information may be out of date since Chris officially left CABRR in 2009. We try to keep up with everyone but it can be difficult.
Chris Schabowsky, PhD.
Chris is the Sr. Project Officer in the Health Devies group that publishes a monthly journal to over 600 hospital world wide. This journal includes evaluation and guidance articles to help hospitals make informed decisions on purchasing superior devices and improving healthcare processes.
- PhD Biomedical Engineering, Catholic University of America, 2009
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2005
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2003
- Schabowsky CN, Godfrey SB, Holley RJ, Lum PS. Development and Pilot Testing of HEXORR: Hand Exoskeleton Rehabilitation Robot. J Neuroeng Rehabil. 2010; 7(36).
- Schabowsky CN, Hidler JM, Lum PS, "Greater reliance on impedance control in the nondominant arm compared with the dominant arm when adapting to a novel dynamic environment" Exp Brain Res. 2007 Oct; 182(4):567-77
- Schabowsky CN, Dromerick AW, Holley RJ, Monroe B, Lum PS, "Trans-radial upper extremity amputees are capable of adapting to a novel dynamic environment" Exp Brain Res. 2008 Apr 29 [Epub ahead of print]
Dromerick AW, Schabowsky CN, Holley RJ, Monroe B, Markotic A, Lum PS. Effect of training on upper-extremity prosthetic performance and motor learning: a single-case study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008 Jun;89(6):1199-204.
Metzger AJ, Dromerick AW, Schabowsky CN, Holley RJ, Monroe B, Lum PS. Feedforward control strategies of subjects with transradial amputation in planar reaching. J Rehabil Res Dev 47(3):201:212.