Research and clinical physical therapist
National Rehabilitation Hospital
102 Irving Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20010
Understanding abnormal movement and determining effective treatment approaches to restore movement for the CVA and other neurologically involved individuals
- B.S. Physical Therapy
- D. Nichols, N. Neckel, J. Hidler, "Synergy patterns of chronic sroke subjects while walking in a lokomat robotic orthosis", APTA combined Sections Meeting, February 2008.
- D.Nichols, N. Neckel, J. Hidler, "Joint moments exhibited by chronic stroke subjects while walking with a prescribed physiological gait pattern", APTA Combined Sections Meeting, February 2007.
- D.Nichols, i. Black, M. Pelliccio, and J. Hidler, "The effects of speed and level of voluntary muscle activation on reflex responses in chronic stroke patients", APTA Combined Sections Meeting, February 2006.
- M. Pelliccio, N. Neckel, D. Nichols, and J. Hidler, "Lower limb strength and coordination patterns of chronic stroke subjects in a functional posture", APTA Combined Sections Meeting, February 2006.
- N. Neckel, M. Pelliccio, D. Nichols and J. Hidler, "Quantification of functional weakness and abnormal synergy patterns in the lower limb of individuals with chronic stroke." J Neuroeng Rehab, 3:17, 2006.
- B.E. Conroy, B. Hatfield, and D. Nichols, "Opening the black box of stroke rehabilitation with clinical practice improvement methodology." Top Stroke Rehabil, vol.12(2): 36-48, 2005.
- J.M. Hidler, D. Nichols, M. Pelliccio, and K. Brady, "Advances in the understanding and treatment of stroke impairment using robotic devices." Top Stroke Rehabil, vol. 12(2): 21-33, 2005.