Sang Wook Lee, Ph.D.
Biomechanics of hand and upper extremity, effective rehabilitation methods for neurologically impaired patients, proactive ergonomics solutions to work-related disorders
• Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
• M.S. Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Seoul National University, 1999
• B.S. Mechanical Design and Production Engineering, Seoul National University, 1997
• Lee, S.W., Wilson, K.M., Lock, B.A., Kamper, D.G. 2010. Subject-specific myoelectric pattern classification of functional hand movements for stroke survivors, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, accepted.
• Lee, S.W., Kamper, D.G. 2009. Modeling of multi-articular muscles: importance of inclusion of tendon-pulley interactions in the finger, IEEE Transactions on the Biomedical Engineering, 56, 2253-2262.
• Lee, S.W., Zhang, X. 2009. Development and validation of a biodynamic model for predicting multi-finger movements in cylinder-grasping tasks, Ergonomics, 52, 398-406.
• Lee, S.W., Chen, H., Towles, J.D., Kamper, D.G. 2008. Effect of finger posture on the tendon force distribution within the finger extensor mechanism, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 130, 5, 051014.
• Lee, S.W., Chen, H., Towles, J.D., Kamper, D.G. 2008. Estimation of the effective moment arms of the tendons in the index finger extensor mechanism, Journal of Biomechanics, 41, 1567-1573.
Travel; spending time with family; listening/playing music; basketball