Please note that this information may be out of date since Tobias officially left CABRR in 2010. We try to keep up with everyone but it can be difficult.
Tobias Nef, PhD
Robot-aided neurorehabilitation of the upper and lower extremities; robot-supported training of activities of daily living; Patient-cooperative control strategies that motivate patients to actively participate the training.
- Ph.D. Medical Engineering, ETH Zurich and Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland 2007
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, ETH Lausanne, Switzerland 2002
Honors and Awards
Hans-Eggenberger Award 2008, Fellowship of the Swiss National Science Foundation 2007, Swiss Technology Award 2006 and humanTech Innovation Prize 2005. Best presentation award at the conference for biomedical engineering in Zurich, Switzerland (2006) and at the Automed conference in Rostock, Germany (2006).
- T. Nef, P. Lum, Improving backdrivability in geared rehabilitation robots. Medical and Biological Engineering & Computing, 2009 Jan 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- T. Nef, ARMin-Multimodal Robot for the Movement Therapy of the Upper Extremities, dissertation accepted on the recommendation of Robert Riener and David Reinkensmeyer by the ETH Zurich, 2007.
- T. Nef, R. Riener, Shoulder Actuation Mechanisms for Arm Rehabilitation Exoskeletons. IEEE/RAS-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, 19-22 October 2008, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
- T. Nef, M. Mihelj, R. Riener, ARMin-A Robot for Patient-Cooperative Arm Therapy, Medical and Biological Engineering & Computing, 2007 Sep; 45(9):887-900.
- T. Nef, M. Mihelj, G. Kiefer, C. Perndl, R. Muller, R. Riener, ARMin - Exoskeleton for Arm Therapy in Stroke Patients, Proceedings of the IEEE 10th International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, 13-15 June 2007, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, pp.68-74.
Skiing and other outdoor activities